Restorative Yoga Auckland
Our restorative Yoga Auckland classes are gentle and nourishing yoga with meditation. Unwind and recharge the batteries with minimal expenditure of energy.
About our Restorative Yoga Auckland classes
Restorative yoga is a gentle and nourishing class with meditation. This style will help you unwind and recharge the batteries with minimal expenditure of energy. Open to all levels.
“Love the restorative yoga.” Diane
Is restorative yoga right for you?
- If you are experiencing stress, anxiety or tiredness, you will find deep rest and a soothing atmosphere.
- Find the stretches in a yin a bit tough? This is the ultimate in gentleness.
- We will snuggle you up with blankets, cushions and a soothing voice. If that sounds like you, it seems that you’ll be right at home here.
- Is your body operating from a deficit of rest?. Our restorative yoga class will feel like the ultimate in power napping where you will be guided by an expert.
Restorative Yoga + Yoga Nidra
On the first Wednesday of every month, the 1.15pm restorative yoga class with Perry Macdonald has 20 minutes of yoga nidra added at the end.
Yoga nidra is a powerful meditation technique that places your attention on most points of your outer body. As your attention is brought to these places, you move into deeper and deeper relaxation.
You may find yourself drifting in and out of sleep, or staying in the wonderful in between. Yoga Nidra reduces stress and gives you the rejuvenating benefits of a good night’s sleep.
The healing benefits of restorative yoga
Has there every been a time in your life where you were so busy & tired that all you wanted to do is sleep?
If you have chronic stress & need healing then this may be your antidote.
And if you are just looking for a place where you can receive without any output at all you’ll be taken care of here.
We utilise bolsters, blankets, straps, blocks and cushions to put your body into ultimate comfort. Unlike yin, there’ll be no intense stretching -just support.
Restorative yoga will:
- Balance your nervous system;
- Switch on the parasympathetic response (the calming response inside of you);
- Improve your immune system;
- Help with anxiety, depression & chronic fatigue;
- Restore you with energy (just like a good night’s sleep);
- Improve your mood.
Stress is cumulative and if we experience too much of it we will remain in ‘fight or flight’ mode.
While this is beneficial for short periods of time because it helps us get through times of stress, if we do not switch it off we can become sick, exhausted & depleted.
A restorative class is designed to switch off the ‘fight / flight’ mode in your body so that you can begin the healing process.
The ‘switching on’ of your parasympathetic nervous system will mean that you are much more able to maintain full health.
The meditative benefits of restorative yoga
A restorative yoga class is a bit like a full body meditation. It’s not always easy to sit and meditate for an hour – both your body and mind may object to that.
In our restorative yoga class, with the support of the props and a change in posture every so often, you will be expertly guided into a state of meditation.
The meditation in restorative yoga will:
- Enhance your emotional wellbeing;
- Increase focus;
- Lower blood pressure;
- Balance your mind.